Do you want to design app’s that are used by millions of people?? Would you like to be part of the team thats responsible for creating apps for the likes of Tesco, M&S, Yolt and Ford just to name a few? Would you like to learn from the best designers, developers, strategists and product owners in the mobile world? If so keep reading as TAB – The App business are looking for a Product Designer to join our team!
About The App Business
TAB's purpose is simple - to craft mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. When we combine our teams’ talents with some of the most significant companies in the world, we can create groundbreaking products.We believe that the opportunities are deeply exciting, as we see experiences unbundle from web and smartphone into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints such as wearables, voice and mobility. Our cross-functional teams have already worked across all of these – want to join them?
About our Design team
As part of the team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. We are involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You'll help the team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the centre of every piece work.
You're primarily focused on human-centred design, backed by a broad knowledge of design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You're concepting and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and partners. You drive your design decisions and rationalise them using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing insights. You're most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other team members to respond to the constraints of any project.
About the role
As a Product Designer you'll be able to confidently contribute to a project’s design activities from kickoff through to delivery. We'll pair you with other designers on projects, to both complement your skill-set and help you develop. You'll also be encouraged and supported in contributing to our Design team’s discipline.
All designers at TAB are:
- Confident using Sketch, Keynote, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of their latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments.
- Actively involved in growing the team by finding and attracting design talent.
- Designing, prototyping and building products used by people every day.
As a Product Designer at TAB, you:
- Are well on the way to mastering your product design craft.
- Deliver high quality work on time, and help others on your team do the same.
- Set your own agenda, with some direction from seniors and your product team peers.
- Are using and mastering the TAB principles and agile ways of working.
- Are an important part of your product team and consistently deliver value.
- Are excited about new opportunities offered on projects and products.
- Are eager to identify work to do and learn; focused on finding solid solutions to problems.
- Contribute to the Design team by helping identify and interview great new team mates.
- Assist on tasks that the Design team has identified to progress TAB's capability.
- Help create thought-leadership materials to help communicate TAB's strategic view.
- Contribute to TAB by attending events and sharing the insights internally.
Applying for the role
Please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies with your application. We’re interested in the activities you go through as you research, test and present your thinking and conclusions. For example; use of data, interviews, workshops, sketches, concepts, flows, experience maps, prototypes etc. ‘Finished’ visual designs are not the only focus here. All supplied examples will be handled in complete confidence.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index and as UK’s Top 25 fastest growing companies.If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.