TAB's purpose is simple - create mobile experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. It’s a lofty one, but when we inject our mobile specialism into some of the biggest companies in the world, we can create game changing products.
Whether its reimagining essential weather services with the Met Office, Transforming journey planning with Go-Ahead Group or evolving how TfL test brakes on the tube, our team of cross-functional engineers, designers, strategists, product owners and Agile specialists are ready to take on the challenge.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the world (over 500 people globally), we believe that the opportunity for our team is incredibly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints such as cars, speakers and wearables.
Our ambition is to create a nurturing environment that allows every member of our team to help their teammates become the best version of themselves through excellent servant leadership.
The Testing Team
Our Testing team begins their work and embeds themselves at the outset of each product. We communicate and collaborate with Engineers, Designers, Product Owners and the client to ensure every product we deliver to the customers are bug-free and at the best quality possible. Ultimately, we contribute to the quality, robustness, and reliability of the products we build, and will have the confidence to say “we can’t ship that” if these things are compromised.
As an Automation Test Engineer you will be a technical expert who can help our cross-functional teams deliver quality software. You will also be leading and shaping working solutions for automation testing and championing this across the company – becoming an ambassador for the testing community.
All Testers at TAB are…
- Excellent at BDD and/or TDD techniques using Cucumber
- Experienced using build and version control tools such as Gradle or GIT
- Aware of cross-device, compatibility issues and the challenges these pose to quality
- Experienced in working in an Agile team
- Possess the ability and drive to work outside of our comfort zone
As an Automation Test Engineer, you are...
- Experienced with UI automation frameworks such as Calabash, Capybara, or Appium
- Someone who is able to demonstrate expertise in the above skills and knows what should and shouldn’t be automated
- Hungry to work with a collaborative team and has the experience to champion test automation within teams, projects, and companies
- Keen to learn and share new ideas with the team - to help upskill the team and keep TAB one step ahead of the competition.
Our Application and Interview Process
Our interview process consists of a technical phone interview. If successful, we will invite you to meet with us face to face, where you will demonstrate your thinking ability as well as your skills and experiences. So if TAB sounds like the sort of unique challenge that matches your ambitions, we'd love to hear from you.
As a company we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why have an excellent range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as ‘Outstanding’ in the independent Best Companies Index and as UK’s Top 25 Fastest Growing Companies.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.