Part product specialist, project manager and account manager, the Senior Product Owner at TAB will work with our expert in-house teams to deliver innovative, high-quality software for major clients including News UK, Ford, Unilever, Transport for London, Met Office and many more.
You’ll work with key stakeholders to gather, understand and prioritise requirements for new or existing mobile products, and then communicate these to the development team in a way which is clearly and easily understood. You’ll take responsibility for defining a ‘vision’ for the product, and ensuring that every member of the team keeps that vision clearly in mind as development progresses. Ultimately, you will own the product roadmap, using your strategic insight and feedback from various sources to iteratively evolve features according to user and client need.
The Product Owner acts as a bridge between our clients and development teams, keeping the client abreast of the project status and presenting output on the one hand whilst also working to get answers to any questions the team might have, clarify priorities, or otherwise solve problems. Day by day, you’ll work in close collaboration with developers, UX and product designers, product strategists, solutions architects, QA engineers and other mobile experts to deliver high-quality software which is a pleasure to use.
As a Senior at TAB, you are accountable for the output of a team and your success depends on your ability to get them to perform to a high standard, in a range of different circumstances. You use your experience and understanding of client and project context to ask the right questions at the right time in order to pre-empt issues or remove blockers; you reframe challenges so they are easier to solve; and you coach others in your teams to use the TAB principles to solve problems.
You are willing and able to hold people on other project teams to TAB quality standards, taking the initiative to step in and help when you see something going wrong, even on projects to which you’re not assigned. You think ahead, beyond the day to day, to help identify and drive initiatives within the Product Owners’ Community of Practice (CoP) that will benefit TAB and the team over the next 12 months.
Although we value self-organising teams, the Product Owner will often find their natural leadership skills called upon as they take responsibility for ensuring that software is delivered on time, on budget - and in a way that meets the business expectations. This is a rewarding, creative and challenging role which demands initiative, resourcefulness and good problem-solving skills.
You will be:
- Commercially aware and a natural strategic thinker.
- Organised and pro-active, with impeccable attention to detail.
- A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike.
- Flexible and adaptable, with a 'can-do' approach and solid problem-solving skills.
- Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing organisational improvements.
You must have:
- 5+ years experience working as a product owner, business analyst, project or account manager or a consultant, ideally in technology or a related field.
- A proven track record of delivering high profile, user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Superlative client facing skills, with the ability to build trusted relationships with clients of all levels.
- Experience of Agile development or project management methodologies.
- The ability to clearly articulate a product vision or strategy to others, and to ensure that everyone retains their focus on this vision throughout the project.
- A strong level of commercial awareness and a strategic mind with the ability to identify business opportunities and contribute to delivering against them for clients.
- Great organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and in all mediums, from emails to formal documents and both written and oral presentations.
- An appreciation of what makes a good user experience, and the ability to balance this against other competing priorities.
- Boundless initiative and a can-do attitude.
Founded in 2009, The App Business runs fast and lean, creating awesome products and services for ambitious clients who are ready to rethink their business around mobile-enabled users. Based in the heart of London’s thriving King’s Cross, we work in an environment built to help us - and our clients - excel. We invest heavily in this vision, placing the support and development of our teams, as well as our culture, at the heart of everything we do.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we say thank you, and has led to us to our 4.5 star rating on Glassdoor.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work at, apply now!