At TAB, our purpose is simple: create technology experiences that make the world work better for billions of people. It’s a lofty goal, but when we inject our specialist mobile expertise into some of the biggest companies in the world, we create game-changing products.
Whether it’s reimagining essential weather services with the Met Office, reinventing on-demand grocery services with Tesco, or radically rethinking how TfL test train brakes on the Underground, our team of cross-functional engineers, designers, strategists, product owners and Agile specialists are ready to take on any challenge.
As the biggest team of mobile specialists in the world (over 500 people globally), we believe that the opportunity and future for our team is incredibly exciting, as we see user experiences unbundle from smartphones into a multitude of emerging platforms and touchpoints - such as cars, speakers and wearables.
Our ambition is to create a nurturing environment that allows every member of our team to help their teammates become the best version of themselves through excellent servant leadership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our marketing team exists to attract strangers to TAB, and, by working with TABbers across the business, to help turn them into highly engaged clients, staff and fans over time.
With this diverse purpose in mind, you’ll find TAB’s marketers busy across every area of the company. Ambidextrous, hard-working and creative, our marketing team has been instrumental in supporting TAB’s growth. We work as an integrated part of our Demand CoP, constituting Marketing, New Business and Client Services, and as a key partner for other parts of the business, from our Engineering Community of Practice to our People team.
We want 2018 to be our best year yet. Building on our purpose and the great work we’ve done to date, our ambition is to see a step change in the impact and complexity of the marketing projects our team can tackle. Our goal is to take TAB’s rare and special story, and dramatically increase awareness and exposure over the next 12-24 months.
You’re passionate about a career in marketing and keen to build on your experience to date. An avid learner with 1-3 years marketing experience already, you are looking for a role with plenty of autonomy and career development that allows you to get stuck in across a wide range of marketing activity - from lead generation outreach and events, to digital marketing and content.
Working as part of TAB’s busy marketing team, you will be involved in a diverse range of activities. The list below isn’t exhaustive, but it gives you a good flavour of the types of activity you’ll be taking ownership for.
Content and digital channels
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing Partner and Communications Designer, assist in the creation and delivery of creative, compelling content across print, video and digital to drive awareness and generate inbound leads.
- With the support of the Marketing Partner, drive continuous improvement of our fortnightly newsletter, TAB Edit, and other email marketing campaigns as required.
- Edit and/or draft content and articles for TAB’s marketing channels (website, social, print) as required.
- Conduct accurate and thorough proof-reading as needed.
- With oversight from the Marketing Partner, support the end-to-end delivery of TAB hosted client events, including breakfast roundtables, and equip TABbers with additional support to run peer meet ups.
- Conduct research and maintain the events list to drive Demand Team attendance at events in support of the Demand Team’s lead generation objectives.
- Help co-ordinate the distribution of invitations, monitor responses, manage follow-ups and manage cancellations as required.
- Support HR with recruitment events, included recruitment fairs.
Data and asset management
- Supporting the Commercial Director, responsible for ensuring that TAB’s CRM system (Pipedrive) is maintained and kept up-to-date with accurate forecasting data, new leads, client contact data and opportunities - working with Marketing, Client Services, New Business and Product Owners as appropriate.
- Ensure CRM contact data is clean, consistent and as complete as possible.
- Manage and update the maintenance of TAB’s email distribution lists via Mailchimp and Pipedrive in compliance with GDPR.
- Work with the Communications Designer to manage TAB's marketing asset library, including approved product imagery, client testimonials, social imagery, collateral etc.
- Assist the Marketing Partner in the tracking and measurement of marketing campaigns and activity to inform and improve future marketing activity.
- Act as an exemplary front-of-house contact for the Demand Team, greeting visitors in friendly, proactive and client-facing manner.
- Take clearly written and accurate meeting notes where required, and share with relevant team members, in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of effective, scalable team processes that help Marketing and the wider Demand Team work more efficiently and smoothly together.
- Assist with the ordering and stocktaking of branded merchandise, materials and services from external suppliers (printers, merchandising etc).
- Provide ad hoc research as required across Demand Team as needed (verticals, trends, leads, clients, events, PR contacts etc.)
To succeed in this role, it’s essential that you are:
- Someone who thrives when busy - and you are going to need strong organisation skills to balance different priorities, deadlines and tasks within a fast-paced company, supporting very busy individuals.
- A strong communicator, who loves to collaborate with others and with the ability to build and manage strong relationships, inside and outside TAB.
- A natural creative, with a love of good brand stories that engage audiences - you’ll need an excellent eye for detail, whether you’re creating/editing copy or working with our Communications Designer to improve layouts in our collateral.
- Highly IT literate with a strong aptitude for data, you will be confident learning new tech and have experience of databases (Salesforce, Pipedrive etc), Office, Keynote and Pages. Working experience of Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus.
If invited to interview, you will meet members of the Marketing and wider Demand CoP. If you have examples of content you have developed, or marketing campaigns you can share, please do.